Before going to the cost, we’ll discuss first what is hair restoration surgery?
It is a type of surgery in which surgeons cover the bald area of your head with your own hairs. Firstly, they will inject a medicine into your head and then the surgeon will use any of one technique FUT or FUE. In FUT surgeons will cut a specific part of your head probably 6 to 10 inches. Then they will divide the strap of your skin into small grafts and then you will go through the surgery and the little grafts (a graft contains a hair or a few hairs) will be placed on the bald area of your scalp. The other technique is FUE, in this technique the surgeons will pluck your hairs and place the hairs by creating holes on the bald scalp. This is a process of about 4 to 8 hours. The time of the surgery depends upon the size of the area of transplantation. Hair surgeries are very improved nowadays because of the advance technology which minimizes the drawbacks and makes it trustworthy.
When someone is thinking about hair restoration surgery, the main thing that comes across his mind is the cost. The charges of hair transplant include many factors likewise; (1) where your surgery is performed (locally or abroad) because there is a difference in cost according to different countries. (2) Which method is used for your surgery whether it is FUE or FUT. Is FUE an expensive method than FUT? This is because FUE follicles are removed one by one so it’s a tricky method than FUT. The method of your surgery depends on your surgeon and the complexity of your case. (3) The size or the area of your head where you want hair transplantation. It is a major factor to determine the cost of this surgery because it depends upon per unit follicular grafts, you’ll need to cover that area. For example, 2000 hair grafts costs in the range of $4000 – $10,000. (4) You should estimate some other charges too like hospital charges such as, surgeon’s fee, Operation Theater’s fee and also medicine. It also depends upon how your cut (wound) is closed by the surgeon because two or more methods are used for the closure of the wound and it can also affect the charges. (5) If you are using the technique platelet rich plasma (PRP) for more accurate results then this can also affect your budget.
Hair transplant cost is different in different countries, but an estimate according to different researchers of the average cost of the surgery globally is $4000 to $15000. Many countries around the globe are offering cheap hair restoration surgery likewise, Turkey, Germany, Poland, India, Hungary, Thailand, Mexico etc.
(1) Turkey: Turkey is considered as one of the best countries for hair transplantation because it provides an effective but cheap surgery. Round about 1900 to 2000 travelers visit Turkey per year for this surgery. If you go through a surgery form Turkey it will cost you around €1950 but 60% to 70% less than the UK. So, it’s a very considerable option for those who are interested.
(2) Poland: Poland provides us the best quality service and medical technology with a low price that’s why it is considered as one of the best countries for hair surgery. If you want to undergo your surgery here, it can cost you around €2900. The cost can fluctuate according to the complexity of your case (in case you are injured or something else).
(3) Hungry: Hungry is one of the countries which provides you with excellent surgery along with a low cost. A benefit of this country is that it gives us a low cost living too. Hungry got a very good reputation in this field for the last 10 years. It will cost you €1600.
(4) Thailand: If you want to spend a beautiful holiday along with having a hair transplant surgery, this is a perfect option for you. It will cost you around $5,650 to the maximum of $8,000.
(5) Germany: Germany is known for the best technology in the medical field. Hair restoration is done with a very high standard technology. Although it is not expensive, it can cost you a total of €3000.
(6) Mexico: It can cost you about $3,500 to $5,900. Mexico is very famous for having the best health infrastructure. They will provide you quality facilities at a low cost. So, it could be a best option for those who are looking for this surgery.
(7) India: This country is considered a developing country so many of the people put it aside from the list, but it’s a fact that Pakistan is a country that gives you 80% less cost of surgery without any compromise on the quality. It will cost you around 45,000 to 135,000 rupees.
Hair transplant surgery cost in Pakistan is in the range of 80,000 to 400,000 rupees, depending upon which center you choose and all the factors mentioned above. This is the list of charges according to different countries. If some clinics offer you a lower cost than this, you should be careful about the quality of medical infrastructure of that clinic and also about the side effects.